Friday 25 January 2013

Mug o' Plenty...

HOT CHOCOLATE

4 heaped tbs cocoa powder
3 heaped tbs icing sugar
2 heaped tbs malt
2 heaped tbs cornflour
100g dark chocolate, grated
pinch salt
pinch cinnamon
1 litre milk


1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together well. (I found a better consistency was achieved if you sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar)

2. Warm 1 litre of milk on the stove in a saucepan. Add 4 - 5 heaped tablespoons of the hot choc mix and leave it to simmer and thicken.

3. Pour into mugs, then drink it because it is delicious.


**Notes

- NOT my recipe! This is from the delightful Jamie Oliver, it was on a Christmas Special from 2012.
- The first time I made this I only had cheap 'homebrand' cocoa powder. The next time, I used the nice Cadbury stuff. I actually prefered the cheap, more bitter cocoa powder! See how you feel.
- I could never get my hot chocolate as thick as Jamie could. But, as I left it to cool a little in my mug, it thickened slightly.
- The dry mixture is enough for about 8 - 10 hot chocolates. The 1 litre of milk:4 tablespoons of hot chocolate is enough for 4 people. If it's just the Taste Tester and I, I use 500ml milk and 3 tablespoons of the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment